18-year-old burnt beyond recognition in fire outbreak at Asafo


One person was found dead after fire destroyed parts of the Asafo BB slum in Kumasi, in the Ashanti Region on Sunday, May 2.

The inferno is believed to have been started by a couple cooking in one of the wooden shacks in the area.

The Police and fire service personnel who rushed to the scene to help put out the fire discovered the charred remains of the victim.

One of the fire service personnel who spoke to the media, DO 1 Rashid Issaku said the area is known for pillow production, therefore, the cotton used in the process may have ignited the flame.

The deceased was identified as an 18-year-old driver’s mate whose name was given only as Nana Yaw.

A relative of the deceased, Afua Pokuaah, who arrived few minutes after the charred body of the teenage boy was conveyed from the scene said the deceased, who originally lived at Atonsu, ignored all advise against living in the slum.

Meanwhile, due to the magnitude of the fire, more than forty shacks that were occupied by several families were destroyed by the fire. The residents said the fire has burnt every property they owned including huge sums of money.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here